No matter how big or small your house is,you always feel like decorating it to make it look more beautiful.House plants play a great role in giving your house the look you want. Place plants in different rooms as they work wonders with your home’s interior decoration. Indoor plants can make your home go from a place of comfort to an abode of luxury. Therefore, it is important to know how to select the right indoor plants that have great compatibility with the rest of the décor and are easy to maintain too.
Things to Keep in Mind to Get the Right Indoor Plants
Taking care of indoor plants is not the same as gardening. You have natural conditions and plenty of natural light when growing up plants in the garden. However, house plants grow in artificial conditions. When choosing the plant for your house you should keep the following things in mind.
How Much Space Do You Have?
- The size of your house and the room you want to keep a plant in are crucial factors when deciding which plant to get.
- If your room is small and already has lots of things in it, then you might want to go for small, flowery plants that fit anywhere. Windowsill gardening is a great option if you want to grow plants in small pots that you can fit on your windowsill.
- On the other hand, if your room is big and spacious you could go for bigger plants like the Norfolk Island pine and Yucca.
Lighting Conditions inside the Room
- Evaluate the sunlight your room receives to select a plant accordingly. There are house plants that can grow without much light whereas others need a good amount of it.
- The position of the windows plays a major role in the amount of light your room gets. A room with south-facing windows can accommodate house plants like Silk Oak, Cacti, and Succulents.
- Arum Lily, Cape primrose, and Asparagus Fern are ideal for east-facing windows.
- If the room has windows facing towards the west you can have Coleus and Geranium in it.
High Maintenance or Low Maintenance
- Indoor plants that require a lot of attention are suitable for those who are seasoned gardeners.
- If you have a lot of time on hand to care for your indoor plants then you can opt for flowery plants such as Azaleas and Basil.
- If you have less time, then it would be better to go for plants that can grow on their own and require less attention. Cacti and Succulents are low-maintenance plants that even the busiest person can grow in their house.
Complement Your Interior Décor and Style
Trendy indoor plants complement the interior decoration of your home. Plants like Xanadu Philodendron and Flamingo flower work well with modern décor. Similarly, Ferns and Weeping Fig lend a cozy and warm touch to your house.
This guide is a great help for you to select the right indoor plant. Remember the steps above to get the best plants for your home.